Registration for the annual ZI Prize is open!
The ZI Prize is an annual literary and lifestyle award instituted by Ehi Zogie (Ehizogie E. Iyeomoan) to reward creative ingenuity and honor empathy towards humanity.
Entry Rules For The ZI Prize:
- Open to Nigerians aged 25 years and below. By Nigerians, we mean, citizens of Nigeria based in Nigeria.
- Submit one piece in one out of the three categories: poetry, prose or visual art/photography. Entrants can only send in pieces in only one of the following categories: Poetry, Prose (Nonfiction or Fiction) and Visual Art/Photography. Entrants who send entries in more than one category shall be automatically disqualified.
- For poetry submission for the ZI Prize, we accept only one poem per entrant. A poem should not be more than 33 lines and must be sent in a single Microsoft Word document. Name of entrant MUST not be found anywhere in the body of the works as our judges review all entries anonymously to ensure total transparency.
- For Prose (Nonfiction or Fiction), we accept only one (1) entry per entrant. Word count: 1000 words maximum.
- For Visual Art/Photography, only one (1) photograph/painting/cartoon/digital art is acceptable, per entrant. Entry must be ORIGINAL WORK of the entrant. We are anti-plagiarism! Picture/painting/cartoon/digital art entry must be saved in high-resolution jpg/jpeg format before onward submission.
- Literary pieces should be single spaced. Font type: Cambria. Font size: 12 pts
- All entries must be previously UNPUBLISHED. Previously published works, print or electronic, will Not be accepted.n
- Alongside your submission for The Zi Prize, also attach a scanned copy of an acceptable means of identification. We accept any of the following means of identification: INEC Voter’s Card, NPC Birth Certificate, National ID Card, or ECOWAS (International) Passport.
- Entry documents should be labeled as follows before submission. The surname of entrant_ZI Prize.doc for Word Documents and Surname of entrant_ZI Prize.jpeg for pictorial entries. For example Ehizogie_ZI Prize.doc or Ehizogie_ZI Prize.jpeg. Note: entries not labeled in the above format will be automatically disqualified.
- Email your entry to Theziprize@gmail.com and CC: Ehizogie@ziprize.org
- Your email should be titled as follows: Surname of entrant_ZI Prize_category. For example Ehizogie_ZI Prize_Prose or Ehizogie_ZI Prize_Poetry or Ehizogie_ZI Prize_Visual Art…
- Entry opens June 1st and closes June 30th by 12noon (every year). Any entry sent after 12noon of July 3rd shall be automatically disqualified.
- A long list of twelve will be released in August, followed immediately by a shortlist of five.
- The Winner and two runner-up prizes shall be announced and awarded in September at The Assemblage, an Arts and Lifestyle Concert (in Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma) where winning works will be displayed to a larger audience. Only winners will be contacted via Email.
- All entries on the longlist shall be published into a chapbook and each author of such entries shall be entitled to a free copy of the chapbook, autographed by Artistic Director of the Prize, upon publication.
- Your entry for The ZI Prize, you give us rights to publish your work, in print or electronic formats.
- Under no circumstances can alterations be made to entries once entered.
- Entry is FREE, without any charge.
The prizes for the Zi Price is as follows;
First Place – #50,000
Second Place – #20,000
Third Place – #10,000
The judges for 2019 ZI Prize constitutes of Soonest Nathaniel, Sada Malumfashi, Rasaq Malik Gbolahan, Alexandra Emem, and Omoregie Osakpolor.
READ MORE ABOUT THE JUDGES HERE.
Registration for the ZI Prize 2019 is open from June 1st to June 30th.